2 things I love about Saint Anne:
1. Everybody loves her, for one reason or another. They either pray to her to help find a husband, to help with fertility, or to help with work. And all the things in between!
2. I love the idea of thinking about our blessed mother touching the heart of St Anne, literally! When I think of all the reasons I love Mary, I have to remember that she learned them from both her son and her mother!
So having a three generational kind of meal in one seems pretty perfect for today. Because it’s Friday, let’s keep it vegetarian. Here’s a three bean salad recipe! Easy, delicious, and kid-friendly!
3 tips for the salad:
1. Drain your beans well. Bean juice is never the most desirable of tastes, unless you really like that.
2. If you are like me and really like acid in your meals, think about spraying just a little bit of lemon on top of the salad when you are done. If that’s too much with red wine vinegar, I understand!
3. If you have vegetables that you know you need to use up, or any other leftovers like quinoa in the fridge, throw them on in!
One cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
One cucumber, quartered
Three cans of beans, drained, and your choice (I did Black, kidney, and butter)
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Extras, or suggestions:
Leftover veggies, like bell pepper
Cheese, like feta
1. Slice your cherry tomatoes in half, quarter your cucumber, and chopped up any other desired vegetables that you have in the fridge. Place in bowl.
2. Drain your cans of beans. Add to your chopped up vegetables.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine all salad dressing ingredients.
4. Add in any other desired items, such as quinoa. Port dressing on top, and enjoy.
Saints Anne and Joachim, pray for us!