3 amazing quotes from St. Teresa/St. Edith (who is, as the amazing Lauren Winter noted, the patron saint of mic droppers:
1. “The world doesn’t need what women have, it needs what women are.”
2. “Love will be our eternal life.”
3. “Do not accept anything as the truth if it lacks love. Do not accept anything as love which lacks truth.”
2 tips for this recipe:
1. When broiling the potatoes, check on them every minute or two; you don’t want them to burn to a crisp or dry out!
2. Beat your eggs before adding them into the potato mixture; it’ll make a subtle difference!
3 pounds russet potatoes
Boiling salted water
5 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 whole eggs, beaten
1. Peel and cut the potatoes in half or in quarters. Cook in boiling salted water to cover until tender.
2. Drain well and use an electric mixer to mash.
3. Beat in butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg, egg yolks, and eggs until fluffy.
4. Put potatoes into a zip-lock bag (or pastry bag). Pipe little mounds of potato onto baking sheets, leaving room in between for the potatoes to expand.
5. Place under broiler until slightly browned.
Saint Edith Stein, pray for us!