2 other Biblical figures who were assumed into Heaven:
3 tips for this recipe:
1. This recipe almost tastes like guilt-free fried chicken, so go ahead and batter the chicken in the flour mixture ahead of time–it will be crisp and brown on the outside, soft and tender on the inside!
2. Feel free to sprinkle even more sage on top of the entire dish when you are ready to serve; great sides would be mashed potatoes or rice.
3. If you don’t have a pan that is oven-proof, just keep your pan covered for an hour on the stove top.
8 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water or chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh sage, blessed and chopped!
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat a heavy pan (one you can put in the oven) on medium heat.
3. Combine all flour mixings in a mixing bowl. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour; place each piece.
4. Brown your chicken for 7 minutes on each side.
5. Meanwhile, clean your sage and chop it (herb scissors are the best!). Slice one lemon; mince garlic.
6. Set brown chicken on a plate and set aside. Lower your heat to medium/low or low.
7. Add butter and melt. Use a spoon to scrape the browned bits in the pan to deglaze. Once butter is melted, add garlic and sage. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the pan. Add 1/4 cup of water. Then lay half the lemon slices on the bottom of the pan.
8. Return the chicken to the pan, and top with the remaining lemons.
9. Place in oven for one hour.
Recipe from Diana Reis