2 fun facts about this saintly king of Hungary:
1. Born a pagan, he is the first canonized saint of his country. He was baptized around the age of 10.
2. He married Saint Henry’s sister; I love when saints’ worlds collide!
2 tips for this recipe:
1. Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt (and leftover blessed herbs!)
2. Flip regularly so that you don’t burn one side of the potatoes!
1 white yam, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Paprika, to taste
Salt, to taste
1. Heat skillet with oil on medium-high. When oil begins to sizzle, add in thinly sliced potatoes.
2. When you begin to notice the potatoes turning golden, flip them. Repeat.
3. When you have reached the crispiness level you desire, remove from skillet and sprinkle paprika and salt onto potatoes. Enjoy!
Saint Stephen of Hungary, pray for us!