3 things about another (and probably new to you!) St. John:
1. A French saint, he had zealous devotion to the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart.
2. He was the founder of two religious orders, one specifically for prostitutes who wanted to escape that lifestyle.
3. “All that is his is yours: his spirit, his heart, his body and soul, and all his faculties.” -St. J.E.
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Cognac
1 pound strawberries, halfed and cut into hearts
Lemon zest, 1 lemon
1. Combine sugar and cognac. Stir in strawberries.
2. Refrigerate until cold, about 20 minutes.
Adapted from Rachel Ray