The 1 thing you’re probably shocked St. B is the patron of:
1. He is the patron saint of nursing mothers!
Yes, and it ties perfectly into his devotion to the Blessed Mother! In a vision, Mary sprays breast milk on St. Bernard while nursing Jesus. Why? It was her response to his prayer, “Show me that you are a human mother.”
1 tip for this recipe:
1. I usually end up freezing most of the dough, which is great because husband and I can pull it out whenever and enjoy cookies anytime.
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups oats
1.5 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup brewer’s yeast
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
3. Add eggs and mix well.
4. Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
6. Stir in oats and chips. Scoop onto baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
Saint Bernard, pray for us!
Recipe adapted from Noel Trujillo