The big reason why this is an important feast to celebrate:
1. John the Baptist is dying as a martyr, defending what is good, true, and beautifully–in this case, marriage.
6 easy (and fairly lazy) filling ideas for your wraps:
1. We’re using up leftovers here, and so we’re gonna enjoy the North African meatballs from yesterday served a little differently.
2. I’ve also got about 1 1/2 cups of chicken; I’ll shred that, and then we can serve it up with whatever sauces we have on hand in the refrigerator–BBQ, Goyza, Greek yogurt, salad dressings, you name it!
3. Use up leftover veggies by shredding or chopping them.
4. Feeling extra bold? Chop up some fruits or add raisins/cranberries for some sweetness.
5. And for the crunch-lover in me: add some crunch with smashed chips, or toasted walnuts for the healthier kick.
6. I have a head of cauliflower to grind up–that will be a tasty, pun-intended filling too!
1. Combine ingredients to your liking; serve on a platter to be a little extra for the feast.
Saint John the Baptist, pray for us!