6 ways to celebrate Mama Mary’s birthday:
2. Pray the rosary with your family.
3. Say a special prayer to her parents, Anne and Joachim.
4. Pray a litany that is dear to your family in her honor.
5. Buy flowers for the occasion.
6. Open up all the curtains, blinds in your home and let natural light shine into your home, in her honor.
Note: Today’s feast is trumped by the Resurrection (since today is a Sunday), but it is okay to still celebrate! Besides, our lady always points us towards Christ, and I am sure she actually likes having the attention off of her a little–what an amazing mother!
I had never made cupcakes from scratch before, and this recipe I found was simple, easy, and delicious!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
Preparation and Recipe, thanks to Food Network!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position a rack in the middle of the
2. Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
4. In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour in the melted butter and then the vanilla.
5. While mixing slowly, add half of the flour mixture. Then add all the milk, followed by the remaining flour mixture; take care not to overmix the batter.
6. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin.
7. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, rotating the tin about halfway through baking time, 18 to 20 minutes.
8. Cool the cupcakes in the tin on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on the rack completely. Frost and decorate as desired.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!