4 quick things for Saint Peter C:
1. He was born and raised in Spain.
2. He was a zealous Jesuit.
3. He did his big ministerial work in Columbia.
4. How big was the work? Oh, he baptized over 300,000 souls there. Yep.
2 tips for this recipe:
1. You can make this more of a soup with more broth, or more of a stew with less broth. Bare minimum, you’ll need 5 cups of broth (the grated potatoes will soak it up!)
2. I used an instant pot to get my frozen chicken cooked, and then I roasted it on top of that time, but if you are better at planning ahead and have defrosted chicken, all you need to do is roast your chicken for 10-15 minutes at 425!
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped onion
5 cups chicken broth, divided
2 cups corn kernels, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
2 bay leaves
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated or finely diced, divided
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
1 cup cubed avocado
Recipe can be found here.
Saint Peter Claver, pray for us!