2 reasons you should get to know our Lady of Sorrows:
1. People, even non-Catholics, usually just see Mary as the sweet, non-descriptive, never suffering go-along-for-the ride mother of Jesus. But she sorrowed so very, very much! From hearing Simeon’s terrifying prophecy to losing her preteen son for THREE DAYS (that one always gets me) to watching her son die a criminal…she dealt with way more than I hope I ever do!
2. And yet…even when I suffer, I need to turn to someone who suffers well. That’s our Virgin Mother!
1 tip for this recipe:
1. It may feel like a pain…but squeeze those oranges and limes. The taste will be a hundred times better, I promise! You won’t even need sweet and sour–the fruit does it all for you!!!
1 cup orange juice
1 cup lime juice
1/2 simple syrup
Club soda, to top it off
salt and lime wedges, to garnish
Our other addition: homemade candied hatch chiles
1. Squeeze oranges and limes into measuring bowl.
2. Add extra ingredients and stir.
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us!